Monday, October 29, 2012

The real Halloween

Today I took the kids to an All Saints party. There was one little problem though... the party was yesterday. When I got to the Faith and Family Centre (the location of the party) there was not a single car parked outside. I called my wife and told her what had happened (and BTW she had told me that the get-together was today). She suggested that I should ring up some really close friends and ask them if we could call in for a little All Saints fancy dress party. They said OK, and we arrived at their house less then 10 minutes later. To my amazement all the three of their daughters were already dressed up as saints: St Agnes, St Elizabeth of Hungary and St Kateri. Even their mom was dressed up as St Joan of Arc.

My daughter A. dressed up as Our Blessed Mother, holding baby Jesus in her arms, and she insisted that his brother M. would be dressed up as St Joseph. Being a terrible two that he is, he did not let us put the chequered table-cloth on his head with an old tie. He also refused to take the stick of a dustpan as his staff. He did not want to put on anything at all. I wish I had snapped a picture of him as he trew a tantrum. He ended up coming in a pair of trousers that were a bit too short for him and a pair of boots, which together gave the impression of a poor little boy from the 1920's. And then we knew which saint he was going to be: Lolek, aka Bl John Paul II as a boy!

Here is another little picture of A. dressed up as St Kateri on the day of her canonization. What a great way to prepare for All Hallows' Evening! The real Halloween... Blessed be God in his angels and in his saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment